Agile Data Warehouse
A friend of mine (thank you Alfonso) sent me the presentation that was recently given at the Information Management Conference. The presentation given by Oliver Ratzesberger, Senior Director at eBay presents some interesting observations:
- To know if the data is valuable to the business users, they need to experiment with it;
- The best way to satisfy your end users is through early and continuous delivery of capabilities;
- The traditional approach to DW development takes too long;
- Prototyping and sample data can help determine the real ROI of additional information;
- The Agile approach worked for eBay.
A copy of the Agile-Data-Warehouse presentation is available.