Scrum Role: The Scrum Team
The Scrum Team
There are three fundamental roles in Scrum: the Product Owner, the Scrum Master, and the Scrum Team.
The Scrum Team is a self-organized group of up-to 7 individuals with no pre-defined roles who work in collaboration to deliver upon their commitments. The Scrum Team is often comprised of cross-functional individuals who work to successfully complete the activities identified as part of the sprint backlog.
What the Scrum Team does
The Scrum Team is responsible for the following activities:
- Following a negotiation with the Product Owner, selects the goal of the sprint;
- Organizes itself and its work;
- Plans and executes the tasks identified during the Sprint Planning Meeting;
- Determines the appropriate methods of delivering on their commitments;
- Presents the resulting work to the Product Owner.